Thursday, June 7, 2007

copysapte Would the real neuroaster please stand up?

37. The third "Pirates of the Caribbean" movie ("At world’s end") was -for me, personally- more of a fun and entertaining night out at the movies than a fascinating film loaded with endlessly-discussible philosophical content. Anyway, my same-sex common-law spouse and I really had fun going out to the movies and seeing it the other night.

38. I really believe that Albert Einstein should NOT be blamed for the existence of the atomic bomb. It was NOT Einstein’s fault that his insights into our universe were weaponized by the U.S. government. What if we blamed the enhanced precision of ballistic firearms on Sir Isaac Newton?

39. My same-sex common-law spouse is snugglicious, cuddlicious, nurturing, compassionate, and when he’s not burned-out after a long day, he and I both really enjoy having mind-to-mind neurolicious conversations/discussions (converscussions?) together.

40. I really do try not to be too demanding or impose too much on my same-sex common-law spouse, even though I do have hidden special needs.

41. I failed my driving-test seven times, even though I memorized the Driver’s Manual forwards-and-backwards ; it’s been several years since I’ve had an unexpired Learner’s Permit.

42. I got a B in "Introductory Philosophy," which was one of my undergraduate electives ; the professor really liked how skillfully I challenged his own beliefs and assumptions.

43. The trees that we humans evolved to pick fruit from never told us to "GET A JOB."

44. I believe that many (if not most) of our street-gang members could have been valued craftsmen (or court-jesters) had they been born before the SKILL-market crash we call the "Industrial Revolution."

45. I am NOT, nor EVER have I been, a member of the Communist Party. (In fact, Joseph Stalin was a bait-and-switch Machiavellian shxt-fxxker.)

46. Canada Day is coming soon. My same-sex common-law spouse and I both enjoy the fireworks that happen over "The Forks" here in Winnipeg each Canada Day.

47. Over the years, I think I have come to see that patriotism (which I vindictively judged to be an anti-pacifist "brainwashing of mass-destruction" when I was a teen-ager) really can motivate constructiveness and good-citizenship, and become a beautiful form of kinship. In fact, how different can patriotism be from the sense of tribe-loyalty we humans must have needed when we were hunter-gatherers? In fact, over the years I somehow feel that I myself have developed a love for my homeland, my Canada.

48. Over the centuries, may we as Canadians create a better future and a better quality of life for more, not fewer, of our citizens. And may we never forget that every specimen of our species is a citizen of the human race.

49. I really hate movie-theatre popcorn ; makes me thirsty.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home